“Scholarship Recipient Hailey Choate” Ukiah… “Hailey Choate is a remarkable woman,” according to her professor, Helen Falandes. She has received multiple scholarships through the Mendocino College Foundation because she is simply an outstanding student.

Choate maintains a 4.0 grade point average at Mendocino College and is looking forward to the next chapter of her educational career. She will be one of the first to start the college’s new Physical Therapy Assistant program this fall.

She and fellow student Jennifer Nauert founded the Students for Recovery program at Mendocino College. They provide a weekly group for students in recovery and are a strong support for recovering addicts. According to professor, Christine Price, “Hailey is extremely dedicated and hard working. This is a student who attended every class, came prepared and engaged in all the activities offered. She shared lecture notes and helped form study groups to help herself and her peers. She also brings an enthusiasm which is infectious, sharing her positivity with those around her.”

“I have a strong belief that service work is the key to my life having meaning, fulfillment, connection, balance, health, and wellness. By helping others, I help myself to heal; to grow; to be successful. I appreciate the help that I have received at Mendocino College and the scholarships have helped me reach my goals. I have used the funding to buy and maintain a car for traveling from Willits to Ukiah for most of my classes, stated Hailey.”

In addition to her studies, she is a dedicated volunteer and an accomplished instructor/coach for a local nonprofit Circus Mecca which is a circus school. She volunteers at the Inland Mendocino County Humane Society and Mendocino Shelter Pets. For more information about the Mendocino College Foundation or to donate to any of their programs, call them at 707-467-1018.

News & Updates

Recent News

2020 MC NURSING GRADUATES

2020 MC NURSING GRADUATES

This year, 24 students will graduate from the MC Nursing Program. In order to begin putting their skills to work, they need to take and pass the NCLEX State Board Exam. Click Here for more information.

read more
Scholarship Applicant Emily Berg is the Winner!

Scholarship Applicant Emily Berg is the Winner! When Emily Berg received an email from Eliza Fields letting her know that she had won a brand new pair of Apple airpods in a random drawing at Mendocino College, she admits that her first thought was its a...

read more

Make a Difference

Ways You Can Give